Monday, March 26, 2012

Day One Down...Feeling Tired

It's the end of day one and I'm feeling tired. This day one has not been much different from any other first day where my body begins to detox. I keep asking myself why I chose to go back to eating sugar, gluten containing grains and milk (my worst allergen). At the same time, I recognize that there is no point in beating myself up about it. So far, I have a headache and am feeling some anxiety. I'm also very tired. All normal things for me when I start eating this way again. I know that in about 2-3 weeks my body will adapt and I will start to feel better.

Here's the food for today:
1st meal was a mixed green salad with uncured genoa salami and applegate farms turkey breast. It also had some spicy carrots and olives. Also an apple

2nd meal was a small yam, a grassfed burger patty and some broccoli with salsa.

3rd meal was a small pack of almonds

4th meal was from a mexican fast good place in town because I was in a hurry. Had a couple eggs, bacon and potatoes with green tomatillo and avocado salsa.

Thoughts for today. I'm realizing how blessed I am. It's been a rough couple of weeks in my personal life and I feel like I purged some yucky energy from my life and my body. This allowed other people and positive energy to enter back in. I'm really happy that one of my best buds, Zami decided to do this with me. I'm also greatful for my friend ari who helps keep me emotionally on track when I start to lose it a bit. I'm really a lucky man to have such good buds. I'm also surrounded by great folks at work and in life. I was glad to go to an OA meeting tonight and hang out with some people from there after the meeting.

I'm going to work on trying to stay more positive. I feel like I need to make an effort to say nice things and be more positive in my day to day interaction with others. So that and meditating more are my two goals. Life is going to start to slow down in the next couple of weeks and so I feel like I need to not try and plan every free moment of my life. A part of staying positive is also doing things one enjoys. I have hobbies and things that I like to do that take up time and I need to remember that.

Off to get a lot of sleep so Zami and I can kill it in the gym.
Here is a picture of Zami and I making fun of our street fair food a couple days ago..

No comments:

Post a Comment